Wednesday, May 20, 2009

10 REASONS THAT QUALIFY ME FOR SCHOOL COMMITTEE

Here are the 10 core reasons that qualify me for School Committee:

1.) I am a parent with a young child in the Auburn school system.

2.) I am a substitute teacher in the Auburn District school system for grades K-12. I have also substitute taught at the high school level in the Milford school district.

3.) I actively volunteer in the school system. I am the Library Volunteer at Bryn Mawr. I am an active member of District 1 PTO. I am the Scholastic Book Fair contact for Bryn Mawr.

4.) I see the problems existing within the school system and the district. I want to be part of, shape the solutions to, and take into account all demographics I am already involved with.

5.) I am active alumnae of Simmons College and the Alumnae/i Assoc.(Boston, MA) I specifically do: Simmons College Undergraduate Admissions Alumnae Representative for the Central MA College Fairs. This position has allowed me to network with other colleges in our area (Worcester County) and be knowledgeable of the requirements that colleges are requiring of students. I am my class Co-President.

6.) I believe any type of situation needs to be inclusive vs. exclusive in order for it to be successful.

7.) I investigate all of the solution options, and take into account the “Big Picture” to ensure that the option selected is the best one for the long term, not just the short term or select few outcome.

8.) I have negotiating experience that is both results and solution based.

9.) I friends and associates that are either teachers or are in the education field, as well as resources for support.

10.) I will be auditing classes to continue to expand my knowledge base.

No comments: