Wednesday, May 20, 2009

10 POINTS ON HOW I WILL GET THINGS DONE:

10 Points On How I will get things done/ approach the work:

1.) I will be PROACTIVE vs. reactive. I plan to solve issues with an approach rooted in accountability for results that is transparent to the public. If there is a need to be reactive I will work to resolve it accordingly while putting a plan in place so that a proactive plan can prevent a recurrence.


2.) I will get things done by making the necessary contacts and networking relationships with the local, community, district, state, and federal groups necessary to do whatever it will take to move our educational system forward.


3.) I will begin by holding everything to dates and accountability of deliverables. My expertise of keeping the ‘Big Picture’ in mind, is where my project management skill set will be valuable in terms of the 7 key plans the School District has yet to develop and implement.


4.) I will reach out to any and all groups - locally, district, state, and federal to fulfill the needs of Auburn’s educational system. My starting point will be any of the following: funding, grants, and curriculum, volunteer or community outreach programs.


5.) I will work towards getting the 7 plans as outlined in the Strategic Plan (including the Strategic Plan) we as a community developed. These outstanding plans are: the Strategic Plan (to implement), Technology Plan, Technology Curriculum, Multi-Year Professional Development Plan for Teachers and Administration, Schools Master Plan, Facilities Master Plan, and the Community Outreach Plan.


6.) I will work to clear up the communications. This cannot be emphasized enough. Consistent messages, up to date information, clear and concise information, from one source to another, that is being shared fluidly must be employed between all groups.


7.) I will work at getting all of the groups communicating: school committee, teachers, parents, community, and the town administration. True progress cannot be made unless we are all reading, saying, and agreeing to the same things.


8.) I will work towards providing resources to promote the success of every student and teacher. In this new technology driven environment of the 21st century, it is critical that they are proficient in the skills they will need to be successful in their lives, and as citizens in our community.


9.) I will look at the many aspects of school safety, to ensure that students and teachers have a safe environment for learning.


10.) I will look at the districts libraries in regards to teaching resources/ facilities and as part of the overall curriculum needs. District wide there is a need for an evaluation and assessment as this resource can tie into the MCAS scores.

No comments: