Wednesday, April 9, 2008

HOW I WILL GET THINGS DONE:

1.) Comprehensive research and investigation of the issues so that confusion and incomplete information does not drive the decision making processes.
2.) I will be PROACTIVE vs. reactive. I plan to solve issues with an accountability for results that is transparent to the public.
3.) If there is a need to be reactive to something/incident then I will try to solve it accordingly while putting a plan into place so that a PROACTIVE plan can prevent a recurrence.
4.) The Strategic Plan is a good starting point, but it is just that and will need to be followed through on, or further developed if the goals set forth are to be achieved.
5.) I will begin by holding everything to dates and accountability of deliverables.
6.) Also the biggest step would be to clear up the communications. This cannot be emphasized enough. Consistent messages, up to date information, clear and concise information from one source to another being shared fluidly must be employed.
7.) I will work at getting all of the groups communicating: school committee, teachers, parents, community and the groups that make them up, and the town administration.
8.) I will actively work to develop a thorough School Master Plan with the School Committee. I will do this by looking at the immediate needs/ demands of the current school system, and then make sure the long term plan for improvements and facilities are then planned for accordingly with the towns projected growth.
9.) As a member of the School Committee I will work towards providing resources necessary to promote the success of every student and teacher in this new technology driven environment.
10.) I will look at school safety, to insure that students and teachers have a safe environment for learning.

No comments: